Problem when uploading a revised version of an already published document

Hi there, I am getting the following issue when I am trying to upload a new file to an already published paper.

The error on screen is as follows …

Whilst the error_log is showing this …

[18-Sep-2017 08:54:44 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getJournal() on a non-object in /home/respons3/public_html/ojs/controllers/grid/articleGalleys/form/ArticleGalleyForm.inc.php on line 63

Can you advise what I need to do to solve this? Many thanks!

Hi @keeno79,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.) Have you made any modifications or changes to your installation?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for responding …

I’m using the latest version and the only additional plugin is the Quick Submit, of which this plugin was used to create these papers.

Hi @keeno79,

What specific version are you running? The latest version could refer e.g. to the pre-release master branch, or OJS 3.0.2.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ah, my apologies … the version is 3.0.2.0

Hi @asmecher

As an update, this is now doing the same thing when trying to upload a new paper through the Quick Submit plugin too. Happy to give you credentials to see for yourself.

The error log shows the following,

[19-Sep-2017 10:22:20 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getJournal() on a non-object in /home/respons3/public_html/ojs/controllers/grid/articleGalleys/form/ArticleGalleyForm.inc.php on line 63

I have just tested this (11:23am) on a fresh install of Firefox, and it has worked fine. Previously I was using Chrome and it was failing … my Chrome has no extensions of any kind so it’s not a conflict. Thought you should be aware of this.

Hi @keeno79,

Hmm, I’m afraid I can’t figure out any way a browser choice would cause this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher

Yes it is very odd but the same issue can be replicated across six machines, all running stock chrome.

Has there been a recent Chrome update?

Hi @keeno79,

Can you check your browser’s console to see if anything relevant appears there?

Regards,
Alec Smecher