Problem updating

ojs
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f670fbc3310>

Hello!

I am new in the ojs administration, one box was give to me for that, the actual version in production is 2.4.5 with patch 2.4.8-2 aplieded, my problem is that I want to upgrade to 2.4.8-3 an run the command $php tools/upgrade.php upgrade , always the message “ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: ERROR: must be owner of relation versions_pkey” is show it, I don’t undestand what is the real solution.

Thanks regadless.

Hi @cridum,

That message is coming from MySQL (or PostgreSQL) – you’ll probably need to resolve it with a GRANT SQL statement. I’d suggest searching for must be owner of relation e.g. on StackOverflow.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

Thanks really the problem was fixed with the GRAND directive, but now when I try going from ojs-2.4.8-3 to ojs-.3.0.0 the next message appears “ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: ERROR: type “serial” does not exist” I make the proof with ojs-3.0.0 after the same message was display trying with ojs-3.1.1.1-1. What is wrong?

Thanks.

Hi @cridum,

There’s a patch that needs to be applied to the ADODB library that will resolve that message. See this thread: Upgrade failure (Postgresql)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec:

Thaks for your answer, I have the patch (postgresql-serials.diff) but I don´t know how apply it, do you can explain me, please? o maybe say me where is the explanation about.

Regard,

DBG.

Hi @cridum,

I’ve added a command line to apply the patch here:

If your server doesn’t have the patch tool (e.g. on Windows), you may need to install it first.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec:

I make all but when I try to update from version 2.4.8-3 to 3.0.0, the next message is displayed:

[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/submissions.xml]

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: ERROR: column “review_round_id” contains null values

root@Pruebas:/var/www/html/ojs-3.0.0#

When I see the review_rounds TABLE all rows are ok, what is this problem?

Thanks, regard.

Hi @cridum,

I wouldn’t suggest trying to upgrade to version 3.0.0 – that’s now quite out of date. Please get the most recent version of OJS 3.x from the OJS download page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec:

I get the 3.1.1.1-1 version, trying to update the 2.3.8-3 to that the next message appears in the console:

[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.0.0_update.xml]

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "review_rounds_submission_id_stage_id_round_pkey"

DETAIL: Key (submission_id, stage_id, round)=(1918, 3, 1) already exists.

In the Table review_rounds all rows in the stage_id column are in null.

Thaks regards.

Hi @cridum,

This is a data error in your OJS 2.x installation. See https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/1921 for details on how to resolve it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

In the update process from 2.4.8 version to 3.1.1-1 the process top with the next messages:

PHP Warning: copy(/opt/archivos_ojs1/journals/3//articles/2583/submission/proof/2583-110-12619-1-10-20180318.jpeg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/ojs-3.1.1-1/lib/pkp/classes/file/FileManager.inc.php on line 159

PHP Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /var/www/ojs-3.1.1-1/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 285

Invalid file!

ojs2: Invalid file!

What is wrog?

Thanks regardless.

Problems Updating

Hi @cridum,

In which stage in the upgrade process does this message display?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @cridum

If this happens in the upgrade function provideSupplementaryFilesForReview, you would need to apply this patch/change: https://github.com/pkp/ojs/pull/2009/files. That should solve that problem.

Best,
Bozana