Problem in upgrading OJS 3.0.2 to OJS 3.1.0.-1

Hi all;

I tried to upgrade OJS 3.0.2 to OJS 3.1.0 and also OJS 3.1.-1 but I have many errors. As below:

ethod Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 146

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 148

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php on line 150

Deprecated: Non-static method VersionCheck::getCurrentCodeVersion() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/MaintenanceForm.inc.php on line 37

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 369

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php:146) in /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 855

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/install/form/InstallForm.inc.php:146) in /home/content/29/7935229/html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 856

I need help

Regards

Hi @Abd_El-Nasser_Gharee,

These are cosmetic errors and will not stop OJS from running, but you will need to configure your PHP to direct errors/warnings to the log files rather than the browser.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

we ignored errors/warnings that appeared during the upgrading and the upgrading process completed successfully, but the system not working properly. When we go to submission (unassigned Or Under review of Published) in the dashboard, the list not appear and the following error window appear

I wish you help me because we stopped receiving new submission due to this error. Also, I noticed that the new submission since the text box of the abstract not appeared also.

Regards
A. Ghareeb

Have you configured your PHP to direct errors/warnings to the log files rather than the browser, as recommended above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

Would you tell me how can I do this?

Regards

Make sure display_errors is turned Off in your config.inc.php file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

Yes I am sure. display_errors is turned Off in my config.inc.php file. Also, I noted that the published articles not accessible.

Regards

Check also your php.ini configuration file to see whether it’s configured to display errors/warnings in the browser. The details will vary depending on your host.

As long as you’re seeing warnings like the ones you quoted above appearing in the browser, you’ll have trouble running OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I am using godaddy for hosting my website.

Regards

Hi @asmecher

I noticed the following error appeared in error log file:
[Mon Mar 12 23:21:44 2018] [7935229] [fcgid:warn] [client 46.229.168.72:21070] mod_fcgid: stderr: ojs2: 404 Not Found

what this error means and how it can be repaired?

Regards

This message says that there used to be something named ojs2 on your server but it’s been removed. Someone is trying to request it and the server is informing them that it isn’t there anymore. This is probably related to an earlier upgrade from OJS2 to OJS3; I don’t think there’s anything you need to do about it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Check the PHP version you are currently using, and the minimum required version for OJS 3.1.0. My guess is that you will need to upgrade your server’s PHP version.

1 Like

Hi @trobb49

By clicking on F12 in firfox, the console showed me the following error in the file pkp.min.js in OJS 3.1.0 after upgrading (note that the submission list not appear while appear error message):

TypeError: b is undefined

I wish it will be helpful to solve this issue .

Regards.