Problem in discussions (OJS 3.1.2-4) - system assigns the wrong author

Hi,
There was a serious problem in discussions in the installation of OJS 3.1.2-4. We’ve an installation with many journals and the system assign as the author of the new post a person who is not assigned to this journal.
There is no role assigned to it. How to solve this problem?
Peter

Hi @karwas,

Can you narrow down the circumstances that cause this? To debug it, I’d need to try to duplicate the same situation here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi

This is difficult to present because the system yesterday and today work properly.
I can present you (PRIV) with screenshots that the system as the author has substituted a person from another journal.
And also the case that in one article we have 5 posts, of which two are empty - associated with editors from another journal.

By the way, can you inform me where in OJS database I will find discussions?

Regards

Peter

Hi @karwas,

Each discussion has an entry in the queries table. Then each note within it has an entry in the notes table. If you’re able to track this down a little further, please make sure to follow up here.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hi @karwas,

I’m afraid I don’t know enough about your content to see what’s going wrong – are you able to conclude anything about this? For example, “the first note added to a conversation seems to be attributed to the wrong person”?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

So next time,
In the Section Review Discussions - Journal Editor create new topic, but after saving in this section we see user form diffrent journal as author this post.

In the same section you can see 2 posts which are empty. The author of one of them is a user from another journal.

Similar problems appear in the second journal. There the system after saving changed the author of the new discussion but chose the user from the same journal.
Evidently, the system in some cases changes authors - perhaps in a situation when users are logged in several journals at the same time.

Hi @karwas,

Are you able to privately send me a copy of your database along with a set of quick steps to follow to reproduce the problem? I’m still not able to replicate that behaviour here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

2 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with discussions