Problem enabling PKP PN in OJS 3.1.2.1

Hi all,

I am using OJS version 3.1.2.1
It seems that we have enabled PKP PN, because at the Plugin Gallery I see under “Status” that it “Can be upgraded”. But when I click on “PKP|PN (PKP Preservation Network) Plugin” then I get this screen:

Plugin already installed, but can be updated to a newer version.

• Reviewed This plugin has been reviewed and approved by the Public Knowledge Project team.

v2.0.1.1 released on 2020-07-21

PKP|PN for OJS 3.1.2-x.

Summary

Public Knowledge Project

Public Knowledge Project

This plugin enables the automatic preservation of published journal content in the PKP Preservation Network (PKP|PN).

Note: This plugin requires ZipArchive support. See PHP: Installation - Manual for details.

When I go to Website Settings → Archiving, I see that the box in front of
“PKP PN plugin enabled” is not checked. But when I check this box and save it, then again the box changes to unchecked.

Could you please assist me in getting PKP PN working.

Kind regards,

Jurry

Hi @AI_JE,

Is there a plugins/generic/pln directory on your server (in the OJS installation directory)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

I am the Journal Manager of our journal, but I do not have administrator rights. So I can’t tell you now if there is a plugins/generic/pln directory on the server.
I have read somewhere in the PKP documentation that it is also possible for a journal manager to install PKP PN:

“Preservation agreement (Journal terms)
Journal managers who would like their journal to be included in the PKP PN need to accept the Journal Terms via the LOCKSS OJS plugin.”

But I do not find the place where I can accept the Journal Terms. And I do not find the LOCKSS OJS plugin.

Best,

Jurry

Hi @AI_JE,

Could you verify with your site administrator whether that directory exists? It’ll help establish whether the plugin is actually installed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.