Problem after migrate to 3.1.1.0 - ojs multi journal

Hello Community:

I migrate ojs 2.4.8 to 3.1.1.0 and after migrate in some journals does not put the translation. In 2.4.8 the journal changes the translation correctly in both languages. Here some are correct but others empty as the images that I attach (empty in both languages).
imagen2

imagen1

My configuration Languaje:

My navigation menu:

why does not migrate the menu information correctly?

Regards
Cristian

Hi @cristianviza!

Thanks for using ojs 3.1.1!

Where have you downloaded the codebase for OJS from?
What PHP version are you using?

Are you getting any javascript error? Or/and any PHP logs that are produced from the upgrade process, or when you go to the Navigation Menu administration page?

Thank you in advance!
@Dimitris_Efstathiou

hello @Dimitris_Efstathiou .

They were all magazines that had already undergone a migration process from 2.3.7 to 2.4.8. Then in 2.4.8 (in the time it has been running) several new publications were created, which allowed us to migrate both languages (es_ES , en_US) well.

Now I want update 2.4.8 to 3.3.1.0 .

I do not know why it will be the problem. Migration 2.4.8 to 3.1.1.0 did not report error.

The solution I found was the following.
I do not know why it will be the problem. Migration 2.4.8 to 3.1.1.0 did not report error.

The solution I found was the following:

Individualize the IDs of the journals that had problems with navigation_menu_item and insert the corresponding text in the database.

table in: navigation_menu_item: the types of items are listed
– NMI_TYPE_USER_REGISTER
– NMI_TYPE_USER_LOGIN
– NMI_TYPE_USER_PROFILE
– NMI_TYPE_ADMINISTRATION
– NMI_TYPE_USER_LOGOUT
– NMI_TYPE_CURRENT
– NMI_TYPE_ARCHIVES
– NMI_TYPE_ANNOUNCEMENTS
– NMI_TYPE_SUBMISSIONS
– NMI_TYPE_EDITORIAL_TEAM
– NMI_TYPE_CONTACT
– NMI_TYPE_SEARCH
– NMI_TYPE_ABOUT
– NMI_TYPE_USER_DASHBOARD

So for example to insert the missing text in “REGISTER”:

es_ES:

INSERT INTO navigation_menu_item_settings select nmi.navigation_menu_item_id,'es_ES' as locale,'title' as setting_name,'Registrarse' as setting_value,'string' as setting_type from journals as j,navigation_menu_items as nmi WHERE j.journal_id=nmi.context_id AND nmi.type='NMI_TYPE_USER_REGISTER' AND j.journal_id IN (SELECT j.journal_id FROM journals as j WHERE journal_id NOT IN (select  nmi.context_id  FROM navigation_menu_item_settings as nmis,navigation_menu_items as nmi,journals as j WHERE nmis.navigation_menu_item_id=nmi.navigation_menu_item_id and nmi.context_id=j.journal_id  and nmi.type='NMI_TYPE_USER_REGISTER' AND nmis.locale='es_ES' and nmis.setting_name='title'));

en_US
INSERT INTO navigation_menu_item_settings select nmi.navigation_menu_item_id,'en_US' as locale,'title' as setting_name,'Register' as setting_value,'string' as setting_type from journals as j,navigation_menu_items as nmi WHERE j.journal_id=nmi.context_id AND nmi.type='NMI_TYPE_USER_REGISTER' AND j.journal_id IN (SELECT j.journal_id FROM journals as j WHERE journal_id NOT IN (select nmi.context_id FROM navigation_menu_item_settings as nmis,navigation_menu_items as nmi,journals as j WHERE nmis.navigation_menu_item_id=nmi.navigation_menu_item_id and nmi.context_id=j.journal_id and nmi.type='NMI_TYPE_USER_REGISTER' AND nmis.locale='en_US' and nmis.setting_name='title'));

The structure of the Insert applies it to the other elements. Modify only the legend and the NMI_* for each query.

Regards
Cristian

Hi @cristianviza,

The following issue is filed and a fix is available to solve these kind of problems. [NavigationMenu Feature - Locales for default NMIs retrieved from key and not database · Issue #3846 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub].

If your problem persists, don’t hesitate to contact again.

Thanks,
@Dimitris_Efstathiou