Possible to exlude older articles from DOI

For our journal we use the DOI plugin to generate the DOI numbers. We were succesfully able to get it working and registered the latest articles with mEdra.

However, we don’t want to register DOIs for all older articles with mEdra. But on the front end of the journal website, the DOIs for older articles are still shown (and lead to not found pages if visitors follow the link).

How can we disable DOI for older articles? I have been looking and it seems there has been some work on this issue, see
https://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6625

But in the current OJS version 2.4.8.0 I can’t find any option for this feature.

Hi @mattiman

You will find the clear and exclude options on the metadata form of each object type (e.g. articles, galley, supp files) you have configured to assign the DOIs to. For example for articles, as editor you will find these options when you edit an article metadata form ( Editor > Submissions > articleID > Summary > Edit Metadata):

• Select this checkbox to clear the existing DOI for this article.
  • Exclude this article from assigning it a DOI.
    Also, on the issue data page you will have the options to clear and exclude all objects of that issue:
  • Exclude Issue Objects
  • Clear Issue Objects DOIs

Does this help?

Best,
Bozana

2 Likes

Hi @bozana,

That seems to be the solution! We have been looking for this for many hours but apparently not well enough.

Thanks so much for your help!

regards,
Matthijs

Hi @bozana

We have the same problem, but we have an OJS version 2.3.8.
In this version we do not find that option.

Some suggestion?

Best regards,

Julio

Hi @santillan

This option (as well as some other DOI features) came later, thus I can only recommend to update to the recent OJS 2.4.8-1 release :slight_smile:

Best!
Bozana