Portico Plugin for OPS Update

I noticed that there is no update or compatibility for the OPS Portico plugin, even though the OJS portico plugin exists. Since the PKP PN plugin will have to “…be discussed at the PN advisory level before support for OPS could be added – it’s more than a matter of porting the plugin to OPS.” as stated by @asmecher (PKP PN for OPS · Issue #6465 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub).

At present, Portico provides the necessary support for the preservation of preprint archives as demonstrated by bioRxiv (Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | bioRxiv) and medRxiv (Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | medRxiv), where both of these preprint servers are currently being archived.

It will be beneficial for the overall open preprint systems community if the support can be extended for the OPS Portico Plugin!

Best,
@talknshare

Hi @talknshare,

Thank you for the links to resources on preservation for preprint archives. I agree that it would be beneficial for the OPS community to be able to extend the support. As to how feasible it is to do this and the resources that will be required - our developers will have to weigh in on this.

So far as I can tell, this feature has not been formally requested through our Github issues: Issues · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub - perhaps you could do that and reiterate the rationale for the need to port the plugin and refer back to this post.

-Roger
PKP staff

1 Like

Thank you, Roger! I have created a feature request on GitHub as you had suggested: Portico Plugin for OPS · Issue #6760 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
Best,
@talknshare

1 Like