PKP PN, not working for one of our journals

Hi, about a month ago we activated the plugin PKP PN, we had some initial trouble but it got solved for every journal except for one. The plugin and the preservation still do not work for them.

We are on: OJS 3.3.0.6

When we receive the service document for the journal, we get the following line which contradicts itself:
<pkp:pln_accepting is_accepting=“No”>The PKP PLN can accept deposits from this journal.</pkp:pln_accepting>

Does anyone know what is causing this, and what we should correct or look into?

Thank you in advance, regards Martina

Hi @marram

The scheduled task that runs as part of the PKP PN plugin will create a log file in the scheduledTaskLogs folder that is inside of the directory your files_dir configuration parameter points to. Is there anything in those log files?

Best
Jason

Hi, and thanks for the reply!

The only thing in the log for that journal are the following three lines:

[Notice] Depositor processing for …

[Notice] Getting service document.

[Notice] The PKP PN is not currently accepting deposits.

What could we do or check to get it to work?

Hi @marram

What’s the registered ID of the journal in question? We do have a slack channel on pkp.slack.com called #pkppn where you might get someone to look up the issue. If you provide the ID (it’s on the PKP PN plugin settings for the journal) I can ask on your behalf.

Best,
Jason

Hi @jnugent
The ID is: 1BA563B9-DD7F-4F46-94C7-1EA17966ECD2

Would really appreciate any help with this one!
Regards Martina

@jnugent Hi, just wanted to check if you asked in the slack channel, and heard anything? We do not know how to proceed with this. And it´s not working that well for the other journals either, not much is happening. One journal has one item out of 82 completed, and I activated the plugin over a month ago. Is it supposed to be this slow, or what could be the issue?

And also, happy holidays! :slight_smile:

Hi @marram

I did indeed ask, but didn’t get a reply yet. The PKP PN isn’t actually hosted or maintained by us and I think that there are either staffing changes or people are on holiday.

If I hear anything back I will reply, I’ll bump the slack request again.

Best
Jason

This issue has been solved (the journal currently have many preserved deposits), so I’m closing :slight_smile: