PKP PN - no deposits

We’re trying to get the PKP PN to start working and uploading our articles. It says “Network Status: The PKP PLN can accept deposits from this journal.” but there are no deposits. I read the documentation and it suggested that we might need to introduce the journal here?
https://njas.fi/njas
Nordic Journal of African Studies
ISSN 1459-9465
I’m not sure if I should share the unique identifier here?

Steps I took leading up to the issue

• Read the documentation
  • Signed in as admin and agreed to terms
  • Checked the PKP PN Journal list - as far as I can tell we are not on there

What application are you using?
OJS 3.3.0.8.

Additional information

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

Hi @NJAS,

The plugin works through a scheduled task, and generates a log file every time it runs.
You must be able to view these logs in the directory ${files_dir}/scheduledTaskLogs (the location of the files_dir is configured in the file /config.inc.php), all the files related to the plugin begin with the name PKPPNDepositorTask and end with a date stamp.

Can you see such files? If not, the plugin isn’t running as it should.

If yes, please share with us:

• The latest log file
  • Error messages from your server’s error log, which happened in the same time frame of the task execution.

Best,
Jonas Raoni

Hi!
Thanks for the answer. I found the logs. Here is yesterday’s, which seems to be pretty much the same as what it said starting back when we first tried to enable it in September:

[2022-12-21 16:41:48] https://njas.fi
[2022-12-21 16:41:48] [Notice] Task process started.
[2022-12-21 16:41:48] [Notice] PLN Depositor executeActions started
[2022-12-21 16:41:48] [Notice] Depositor processing for Nordic Journal of African Studies.
[2022-12-21 16:41:48] [Warning] Your system must have a tar executable.
[2022-12-21 16:41:48] [Notice] Task process stopped.

I couldn’t locate any relevant error files (not that that means they don’t exist) but I am guessing that the tar executable problem is the root of our woes?

Yep! I’ve removed this dependency, but a new version of the plugin with this update wasn’t released yet.

So you’ll need to install/enable the PEAR/Archive or install the plugin from the GitHub repository (it will require running composer install).

Best,
Jonas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.