Piwik plugin functionality OJS 3.0.2.0

I installed on our server Piwik application and in OJS 3.0.2.0 I installed Piwiki plugin. I suppose that installation and setting of Piwik plugin replaces need to insert in pages JavaScript code that Piwik requires.
I guess that there is some time required for it to generate data which we can display by inserting embed code in Custom block. Is that right procedure?

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

Did you configure the plugin with your Piwik installation’s details? How did you install the plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I installed plugin via Plugin gallery. I set it up but Piwik always complains that there is no JavaScript code. I checked plugin’s files and Javascript code is there.
Plugin displays empty graph which I guess is proof that there is communication with Piwik installation.
Often when someone comes to visit sites the visitor was prompted that there is problem and the visitor is prompted to login to Piwik instead to OJS. When I enter Piwik it says that there is no data tracked and that I have to enter JavaScript code. It is not possible in Piwik to delete website although it is the only one.
I disabled plugin and deleted Piwik installation, deleted cache but I still have issue in the space where plugin was supposed to be. OJS is expecting something to be there. See attach.

Thanks,

Hi @vvucic,

What is the URL that this 404 is appearing at?

Can you re-install the plugin and configure it, and share a link with me to one of the journal’s public pages?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello,
It is not 404 page that makes me worry. I succeded to reove it.
The problem is that after visiting site of the journal Piwik opens up its own login page and asks for login so the user is confused why to login to piwik instead of browsing issues and articles in OJS.
Thus, I conclude the following:

1. Communication between plugin and works since diagram appears in the place in sidebar
  2. Data tracking does not work since Piwik complains that there is no Javascript although plugin is installed. There is diagram displayed but with results presenting 0 visits etc. since obviously data tracking does not work
  3. For some reason, Piwik after a couple of seconds says that here is view requested but it is not possibel for the site and it reqwuires to login to Piwik and that login prompt is disaplye din browser instead of OJS and it is not possible to see OJS.

SO, obviously there is no real data exchange and when diagram is presented in the custom block it triggers view I guess, but there is no view due to 0 data tracking and Piwiki inserts its own login promnpt and overrieds OJS pages. That si quite disturbing and I removed Piwik installation.
Weird. Isn’t it?
If necessary I can do that again for you to show you how it works.

Thanks,

Hi @vvucic,

I would suggest viewing the source of an OJS page when the Piwik plugin is installed and checking it against Piwik’s recommendation for embed code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello, If you want I can install Piwik again and plugin too and give you necesasary details so we can investigate issue.
Error 404 apperared since Plugin was in Settings/Websiteset to be displayed and since there was not plugin OJS showed on its place Error 404.
Maybe that could be more elegant, but nevertheless it is easy to solve.

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

I don’t have any experience with Piwik, but if you can set it up and send me a private message with details, I can likely take a quick look.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have sent you message iwth details. I created Cutsom block with Iframe code to display statistics and I put it in a sidebar. But, since it shows 0 vistors all the time I guess that something is not working well. Please check.

Thanks