PDF reading pane

Hi,

I have a strange situation, at least for me. If I want to read PDFs in one of published issues soem PDFs open in reading pane, some have to be downloaded and opened form a compter localy.
Do you have any idea why? You can try yourself here
http://ojs.zrc-sazu.si/filozofski-vestnik/issue/view/281/showToc

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

It works for me – but by default your version of OJS is using a third-party tool called PDFObject that’s known to be problematic in some browsers. I’d suggest enabling the PDF.js plugin, which will use a JavaScript-based PDF reader that has fewer compatibility problems. It should already be in your installation, if you’re running a recent OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I have tried with the plugin “Google embedded viewer Plugin”. Is that the one you mentioned?
Unfortunately it was even worse, with all PDFs should be downloaded first.And I have tried it with Chrome, IE and Edge.

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

The Google Viewer is a different one, and it’s not very effective. Do you not see a PDF.js viewer listed?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Great, so there are still chances :slight_smile: No, there is no PDF.js plugin. I guess that is because of not the latest OJS version (it is 2.4.4.1). Unfortunately there are very limited chances that I got it upgraded.
Can you please let me know where can I find the plugin so I can install it manually?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

I haven’t tested this specifically with OJS 2.4.4-1, but off the top of my head, it should work. It’s available from its own github repository – check the “Releases” area.

Regards,
Alec Smecher