Payment by article or number of the journal

Hello dear all,
I would like to know if it is possible to configure the subscription part, in order to allow the subscriber to access only one article of a specific number of the journal?

Best regards

Application Version - OJS 3.3.0.4

Hello @ANKY_Raugland,

Can you explain your use case in more detail here? Subscription capabilities of OJS are described here: Subscriptions - operating outside of these capabilities would likely necessitate modifying the software code, which may or may not be advisable, depending on what you are trying to achieve.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello, so I will try to explain in details:

1. I have configured the subscription module by following the documentation. When a user subscribes and his account is activated, he has access to all the articles in the issue. I would like a user to have access to only one and only one article or only one issue of the specified journal and not all articles or all issues of the journal. How to proceed?
  2. I would also like to know, how to correctly configure the manual payment method. We do not have easy access to the Paypal service.
    cordially

Hi @ANKY_Raugland,

Thank you for explaining further.

1. Subscription access is set by the issue in OJS 3.3 - not at the individual article level - you can adjust the access settings on the settings for the Issue. Go to Issues - select the issue for which you’d like to changes the settings for and select the down arrow next to it, and then click “edit” - from there you want to select the Access tab where you’ll be able to adjust your access settings. For example:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 6.54.31 AM
2. In order to configure the manual payment instructions, you edit this in the Distribution > Payments and under “Manual Payment Instructions” you enter in the instructions for users to send their payments (e.g. send cheque to this address, etc.)
Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 6.55.15 AM

I’d encourage you to have a detailed look at our Learning OJS 3 guide, as much of this information is contained there: Learning OJS 3.3: A Visual Guide to Open Journal Systems

-Roger
PKP Team