Parse error: syntax error in fc-journalSettings-1.php

Hi,
I got error message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ‘)’ in /home/bacuatica/public_html/cache/fc-journalSettings-1.php on line 313

I fixed that line adding the ‘)’, but when I do that, it just change the error to other line, it always seems to me mising a ‘)’ or ‘,’
This happened after setting the initials of the journal in the website
I think I have the 2.4.7-1
Please, help?

),
‘initials’ =>
array (
‘es_AR’ =>‘ba’,
),
‘printIssn’ => ‘’,
‘onlineIssn’ => ‘’,
‘mailingAddress’ => ‘’,
‘categories’ => N

Thank you!
Carolina.-

Hi @miruku,

If you delete the cache file entirely, it should be re-generated. But I would suggest checking your file permissions – if you’re using something overly permissive (e.g. 777), some other system might be attempting to maliciously modify your cache files. There’s more information on file permissions in the FAQ and docs/README.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec! Thank you for your quick answer. That worked! Thank you very much!

Hi
I have same problem , but I don’t understand to fix this, may be help me?

thanks
regards

Hi @zeinab,

I see you’ve also posted this at https://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/error-fc-journalsettings-1-php/48721. Please don’t double-post; it clutters the forum.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hi
I’m sorry but I don’t understand your answer for solve this problem. I deleted that post.
may be help me for this problem?

Thank you
Regards

Hi @zeinab,

I’m afraid this will depend on your server’s configuration. If you’re not familiar with file permissions on your server environment (probably Linux), you might need to ask for help from someone who works with that environment.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
I know how work with server and linux. I checked those file you say that. but I didnt any problem!

thanks again.
regards

Hi @zeinab,

Essentially I think something outside of OJS is modifying your cache files.

If you remove the file with the error (rm cache/fc-journalSettings-1.php) it should be re-generated when you browse the site – try it and see whether it “fixes” the problem. If it does, then OJS is working properly, but beware that if something outside of OJS has modified the file, the problem may recur.

Regards,
Alec Smecher