ORCID field under registration in OMP

Hi
Have you planned to insert a standard ORDID field on the registration page in the next OMP edition?
Regards
Niels Erik

Hi @nef,

OMP 1.2 will have an ORCiD field on the public profile form, but we currently aren’t planning to put it on the registration form. We redesigned the registration process to simplify the form, as it was getting overwhelmingly big. As always, we’re open to feedback!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I agree that a clean registration form is important. But I’d support the idea of asking for the ORCiD identifier right from the start. I am pretty sure ORCiD will get more important, and presses should be able to ask their authors for their ids during registration.

Hi @asmecher:

I installed OMP 1.2.0, I’ve seen the ORCiD field but I don’t know how to display it in the public site like reading tools on OJS.

What can i do?

Thanks.

Hi @lopez.casique,

Is there a reason you haven’t installed OMP 3.1? If not, I’d suggest installing it or upgrading to it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher:

Yes, because the “Generate custom report” doesn’t work, the Loading gif doesn’t stop and when I put ON in display_errors I see this message: “Notice: Deprecated call without request object. in [OMP]\lib\pkp\classes\template\PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 813” (I have PHP Version 5.6.8)

Also, they are many texts in spanish without traduction.

Is any way to put public the ORCiD in OMP 1.2.0?

Hi @lopez.casique,

For OMP 1.2.0 this will require a code modification; it’s built into OMP 3.1.0. Off the top of my head, you’d use something like $author->getData('orcid') to fetch the author’s ORCID.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher:

I put the code and worked !

This is the code (was obtained from OMP 3.1) in case someone is interesting:

Path: /templates/frontend/objects/monograph_full.tpl

Before

{$author->getLocalizedUserGroupName()|escape}
{assign var=biography value=$author->getLocalizedBiography()|strip_unsafe_html} {if $biography}
{$biography|strip_unsafe_html}
{/if}

After

{$author->getLocalizedUserGroupName()|escape}
{if $author->getOrcid()} {$author->getOrcid()|escape} {/if} {assign var=biography value=$author->getLocalizedBiography()|strip_unsafe_html} {if $biography}
{$biography|strip_unsafe_html}
{/if}

And the CSS (was obtained from OMP 3.1):

.obj_monograph_full .authors .orcid:before {
    content: url(http://orcid.org/sites/default/files/images/orcid_16x16.png);
    display: inline-block;
    margin-right: 0.25em;
    height: 20px;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

Thanks a lot !