Option missing in registration form

The option of “Yes, I would like to be contacted with requests to review submissions to this journal.” is missing from the registration form. How to enable it?

Enabling self-registration for reviewer role shows a different option, does it have the same function?

OJS version is 3.3.0.8

Hi @Mohammad_Jaafar_Ali,

I think you need 2 things for this to appear.

1. In Users & Roles - Roles: for the Reviewer roe, you need to select “Allow user self-registration” in the role settings
  2. In Users & Roles - Site Access options: you need to select the “Visitors can register a user account with the journal.” option.

Could you try that and let me know if it works?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,
Thank you for the reply.

To clarify my issue, I have attached two screenshots from the registration form of two different OJS instances. Both are 3.3.0.8 and have “Visitors can register a user account with the journal.” option enabled, but both have “Allow user self-registration” disabled for “Reviewer” role. However, first journal shows the option “Yes, I would like to be contacted with requests to review submissions to this journal.” while the second journal does not show this option. Why?

Hi @Mohammad_Jaafar_Ali,

Strange, enabling/disabling the “Allow user self-registration” allowed me to toggle that field off and on without issue when I tested it. By chance are you using the bootstrap theme? It is possible this is being affected by this issue: User can not provide review interests during registration · Issue #171 · pkp/bootstrap3 · GitHub - but I can’t say for certain…

-Roger
PKP Team

@rcgillis
I changed the theme to default theme and the option is still missing. When I enable “Allow user self-registration” for “Reviewer” role, a different option appears in the registration form:

Would you be willing to review submissions to this journal?
Yes, request the reviewer role.

Hi @Mohammad_Jaafar_Ali,

I ran this by some of my colleagues, one of whom suggested:

I suspect the journal showing the “Yes, I would like to be contacted…” option has another Reviewer role that still has self-registration allowed.

Could you check that to see if that is what is causing this?

-Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.