One out of twelve journals does not load specific pages

We recently upgraded from OJS 2.4.8.2 to OJS 3.1.0.1. I recently noticed that one of our journals does not load the following pages under Website Settings: Plugins, Navigation Menus, Static Pages, Languages. For the same journal when trying to upload the file, I get "The system file uploader is loading. If it doesn’t appear it is likely that none of its runtimes is supported by this browser. Please, contact administration for support. "
The same pages are loading just fine for all the other journals. Also, I can upload files just fine for all the other journals hosted in the same instance of OJS.

Gabriela

Please check did someone mixed up roles and user permissions in that journal.

Thank you for your reply. I checked and all the roles are exactly the same as for another journal that works just fine. I also checked the role my user has in the journal and it seems fine.

Gabriela

Can you post screenshot of the problem?

Sure.
GLJ1GLJ2GLJ3

I am happy to give you access to our test site.

Gabriela

Please post your recent entries from php_error _log. they usually start with fatal error:…

Thank you for trying to help me. Sorry for taking so long. Here are the log entries for Static pages and Navigation Menus

[28-Mar-2018 18:45:58 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2018 18:45:58 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2018 18:45:58 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2018 18:45:58 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getContents() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getContents($templateMgr, $request = NULL) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2018 18:45:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 369
[28-Mar-2018 18:45:58 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592

[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getContents() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getContents($templateMgr, $request = NULL) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::initData() should be compatible with Form::initData() in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::readInputData() should be compatible with Form::readInputData() in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of ContextSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute() in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/lib/pkp/classes/controllers/tab/settings/form/ContextSettingsForm.inc.php on line 20
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php on line 369
[28-Mar-2018 18:48:20 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/ojs-3.1.0-1/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592

No Fatal errors in the log.

Best wishes,
Gabriela

Hi @gabriela,

I’d suggest using a web developer console (built into most modern browsers) to inspect the request that’s failing, and see what the server is responding with. While you’re there, check your browser’s console to see if any relevant errors appear.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team