OMP upgrade to stable 3_3_1 worked, but website has blank index page

I upgraded from OMP 3.1.2 to 3.3.1. Got some of the problems I read about in the forum, like

  • ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘publication_id’ cannot be null


  • ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column ‘context_id’ at row 1 (SQL: ALTER TABLE email_templates CHANGE context_id context_id BIGINT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL)

sorted them out by removing stuff in the db.

Then ran upgrade script again (on command line) and got

Successfully upgraded to version

Loaded the main page of the site, and it’s blank.

In the apache error log I get

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /usr/local/omp/classes/core/\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/local/omp/plugins/generic/customLocale/ Request::getContext()\n#1 /usr/local/omp/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ CustomLocalePlugin->register()\n#2 /usr/local/omp/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ PluginRegistry::register()\n#3 /usr/local/omp/lib/pkp/classes/core/ PluginRegistry::loadCategory()\n#4 /usr/local/omp/lib/pkp/classes/core/ Dispatcher->dispatch()\n#5 /usr/local/omp/index.php(64): PKPApplication->execute()\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /usr/local/omp/classes/core/ on line 60

Any tips?

Hi everyone,

After doing everything again a couple of times, and also changing the version to, I was able to get past the error I described above.

I only had one press that used CustomLocalePlugin. I set enabled = 0 for it, and then the site produces a front page, even if it is quite different from our production site that is using version

I’ll be back when I know more about the next problem.

We also had this problem

and this problem

so now I am trying to upgrade to instead.

Hi again,
I now have a working (almost) OMP
The coverImages were ok after I made the files directory writable by me before the upgrade.

The theme we used in our old version was not working anymore. It was not possible to change theme because of the “This is not a valid string” error (see above), so I switched the theme in the database to Default theme. I also removed our old custom style sheet, which was not working well anymore.

Now it looks like everything is working except the option to change theme.