OMP order of publication formats

Hi all,

I am using OMP 3.1.2-1 and have problems with the order of the publication formats for a monograph. Sometimes newly added format appears to be the first, sometimes the last. I am not sure what is the rule how it appears. Is there a way to control in what order the publication formats will appear on the WEB?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

Have you tried arranging these through ‘Catalog’ on the left menu panel? The option to drag and drop the order of the publication is available through here. You may also want to check the Series settings in Setting > Press > Series to confirm how this has been configured

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @pmangahis,

I think there is a misunderstanding. I am not talking about monographs order, but about publication formats order:
Any idea how to sort that? Adding new publication formats sometimes adds at at the bottom, sometimes on the top. What is the logic behind?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

On my OMP test site the order of publication formats on the published monograph page corresponds with the order that they appear (and were added) in the Production stage of the submission. Is this the case for you?

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens

Hi @astevens,

Yes the order is the same as in the Production stage tab of the submission. My question is how that order is defined and if it can be controlled/changed.
The point is once I added a new publication format and appeared on the botom, but usually it appears on the top. So how does it work?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

Thanks for confirming that your publication formats are ordered this way. It looks like the publication formats appear on the website in the order that they were added in Production. So you should add them in the order that you want them to appear on the website.

I don’t know of a way to change the order after they have been added other than to delete a format and add it again (although that could interfere with any statistics that have accumulated). You could submit a feature request on Github to be able to re-order the formats by dragging and dropping them, or you may have another idea of how it could work.

Best,
Amanda Stevens

Hi @astevens,

Can you please let me know where to do that? Post a link or so. Thank you.

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

Yes, I’m sorry, I should have included the link to PKP’s GitHub repository. It is here: GitHub - pkp/pkp-lib: PKP Web Application Library. If you go to the Issues tab you can see open and closed bugs and feature requests and create a new one. You just need to register for a free account in order to create and comment on issues. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,
Amanda Stevens