OMP Native import plugin creates cover with wrong name

When importing a book from another environment (in our case from test), the filename of the cover-image remains the filename of the test-environment. Therefore the cover is not visible on the website. Because the submission number of the book on the test environment is different from that of the book on the production environment.
In our case, an existing cover was overwritten. As a result, the existing book appeared on the website with an incorrect cover.
Is there a possibility to avoid this?

Greetings,
UGP

Hi @ugp2,

Can you please indicate what version of OMP you’re using (e.g. 3.3.0-8)? Perhaps you could also clarify what was in your XML for your import file and how it now appears on your site - I don’t think I could quite grasp what this was looking like for you, so an example might help.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger,

I’m sorry I forgot to include the version number. We are indeed using 3.3.0-8
The end of the XML of the export looks like this::
</publication_format>

<cover_image>submission_77_73_coverImage_en_US.jpg</cover_image>
<cover_image_alt_text>Cover text</cover_image_alt_text>
/9j/4Q…pf/2Q==

The problem is in this line: <cover_image>submission_77_73_coverImage_en_US.jpg</cover_image>
In the environment where the XML is imported, submission 77 already exists. Because of this, the cover that is there will be overwritten by this import.

Greetings,
UGP

Hi @ugp2,

Interesting … thanks for sharing. I will discuss this with our team and try to get back to you.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello @ugp2,

Please note that this has been found to be a bug and a report is filed here: [OMP] When importing a cover image through the native import plugin, it can overwrite user files · Issue #8012 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub, where you can follow the progress on it.

-Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.