[OMP] Author can't edit metadata

Hi,

in OMP 1.1.1.1 I would like that an author can edit or add some metadata after his submission has been accepted.
Is it possible? E.g. by giving him a new role without invalidating the peer review process?

Thank you
Angelo

1 Like

Hi @angelo_ventriglia,

If I remember correctly, only the Editors and Series Editors only have the ability to edit submission metadata after the submission stage. Strictly speaking, do you need Authors to be able to edit this? Or if there was a facility for Authors to communicate desired changes to Editors and Sub Editors, in order for them to decide on the change, would that be sufficient?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec,

I would like that Authors will be able to edit directly the metadata after the submission.

Best regards,
Angelo

Hi @angelo_ventriglia,

What limit would you expect on editing – at what point would authors not be permitted to edit metadata any longer?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

authors wouldn’t permitted to edit metadata once the monograph is published, so to be able to edit while the submission is “awating approval” in the Production stage.

Regards,
Angelo

Hi @angelo_ventriglia,

I think we need a more mediated process in general – for example, many presses won’t want to permit metadata edits once the editing or production processes are started, or even perhaps peer review. However, we’re talking about a mediated process similar to Copyediting (but much less confusing) permitting authors to discuss metadata changes with editors etc.; we’re currently pioneering that process with Copyediting for release in OJS 3.0 beta / (probably) OMP 1.2 but will apply it elsewhere.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

The solution could be that when the submission is accepted and send to Editorial stage, the Press Editor gives Author the role of Series Editor so that he can edit metadata by clicking on View Metadata and then on the button Save.

Since I have created a press for every series (so I have no Series Editors), the bipolar user :first_quarter_moon: won’t have access to peer review process but remains an Author except for the power to edit metadata.

I tested all this but I I would be very grateful to you if you could test it too :wink:

Regards
Angelo