[OMP] After paid via PayPal, it does not go back to the page for Download

I am using OMP version 1.1.1-1, doing testing run. After paid via PayPal for an ebook, it does not go to the page for downloading the ebook. It goes back to the same page for payment. It asks for payment all the time…
Please guide me to resolve this.
Many thanks, GR

Hi @liugr,

Can you check your server’s access log to see if PayPal is sending IPN requests to your server? You can check what URL PayPal would be contacting by looking at the notify_url element in the form that OMP submits to PayPal when it sends readers over to the payment fulfillment area.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, Alec.
Somehow, my /var/log/auth.log is empty. The auth.log file is there with permission of 640. A problem with the setup of system?
“last” gives me a list records, but there is none from PayPal, and I know all the userids shown.
“lastlog” gives me user-wise log-in records, but also do not have any from PayPal.
Best, GR.

Hi @liugr,

I don’t think any of those are your web server’s access log. It’ll depend on your web server, but usually it’s something like /var/log/httpd/access_log.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks, Alec.
I found the access_log file. It is under /var/log/apache2.
However, it is also empty. The permission is 640.
Best regards, GR.

Hi @liugr,

Hmm, that still seems wrong – any host I’ve ever heard of will provide access to the web server’s access and error logs. Unfortunately I can’t give you any more information because it’ll be dependent on your server’s configuration. I would suggest asking whoever manages your server.

Regards,
Alec Smecher