OMP 3 Tab Delimited Content or CSV Import Plugin

Hi,

I am using OMP 3.1.1 (but it is the same on 3.1.0). I am trying to import some books and have tried with the “Tab Delimited Content Import Plugin”, unsuccesfully :frowning:

First about the name and format. The name of the plugin is TAB delimited, while the URL later is csv… Also from the GitHub source I would say that the format is CSV. Is that correct? So that plugin should be actually CSV Import Plugin, right?

But real problem is that it doesn’t work. When clicking the plugin I get only empty page. I the log I get following error:

[15-Apr-2018 18:28:30 Europe/Ljubljana] PHP Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "file:C:\Apache24\htdocs\omp-3.1.1\plugins/importexport/csv\/index.tpl" in C:\Apache24\htdocs\omp-3.1.1\lib\pkp\lib\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php on line 1094

Any idea what is wrong?

Regards, Primož

Hello,

Does anybody has and experience with this import plugin?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

I was just trying to solve this question myself and learned that the import only works with the command line. See CSV Import/Export Plugin · Issue #1352 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @astevens, do you know how if there is documentation for the command line use of the plugin?
Regards
Stefano Bolelli Gallevi

Hi @bolelligallevi,

The only resource I could find was this: https://github.com/pkp/omp/blob/master/plugins/importexport/csv/CSVImportExportPlugin.inc.php

Is it at all helpful?

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team