[OMP 1.2] PDF-Button missing, "Array" instead

I have no clue how this happened, but somehow the Button for e.g. PDF, HTML etc. disappeared and I have the word “Array” instead.
What kind of setting did I wrong?
thank you!

ojs-bug-1062

Hi @lcbossert,

Is it possible that this installation was wholly or partially upgraded to OMP 3.1?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

As far as I can see it:
Git status of our repo says Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/omp-stable-1_2_0'.

Hi @lcbossert,

Sorry, I mis-remembered the point at which we merged some UI changes – you’re correct, that looks like an OMP 1.2 installation. Have you considered upgrading? It’s likely that at least some of this has been corrected in the latest release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

thanks for the feedback. I will update then.

best,
Lukas

Hi @asmecher
we have upgraded to OMP 3.1, but still get “Array” instead of the PDF-Button. I also created a new publication but still only “Array”.

ojs-bug-1064

Hi @lcbossert,

Is your press live? If so, could you drop me a link (privately if you’d prefer)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have encountered this issue in a new installation of 3.1. Was this resolved?

not yet. afaik; we have installed another OMP and facing no such problmens, yet.

I had this “array” text before. I recalled that this is related to the red boxes in the picture below (I think it will be better explained with this).

arrayissue

My OMP website is http://carano.pustaka.unand.ac.id, and it is just endorsed by our National Library.

Thanks for the information @lcbossert. I went ahead and reinstalled, and it’s working now.

I got the Issue again in a brand new installation, so…

How to fix it

1) go to settings->website->plugins and activate the “Manual Fee Payment” setting.

2) got to settings->distribution->payments and enter something in “Manual Payment Instructions” and hit save.

The reason for that error is twofold:

1) Error handling in smarty function:

In smartyPluckFiles (smarty function {pluck_files}),
lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php l. 1668
you find that smarty gets back en empty array in case of a missing or null parameter.
But smarty always expects printable retun values (compare: Smarty :: View topic - get array item from custom function)
so it prints the word Array. Instead, the function pluck_files would need an assign-parameter

Solution: Instead of

return array();

we should use

$smarty->assign($params['assign'], array());
return;

2) the error itself

In /pages/catalog/CatalogBookHandler.inc.php l. 94 the condition

if ($ompPaymentManager->isConfigured()) {

prevents availableFiles from being assigned if isConfigured for current paymentPlugin gets false. Wich is the case when 'manualInstructions') == ''
compare lib/pkp/classes/payment/PaymentManager.inc.php l. 60
and plugins/paymethod/manual/ManualPaymentPlugin.inc.php l. 65

I would consider this as a bug and remove the if ($ompPaymentManager->isConfigured()) { condition.

Shall I do pull-requests for both?

Hi @paf,

I believe that’s related to this filed issue – It’s already assigned to a developer but I believe he hasn’t had time to look at it yet. I’ll point him to this post.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @paf,

I assumed this issue was related to changes we made in the underlying lib around how we display primary/supplementary galleys. But I haven’t looked into it at all.

If you can work up a PR and reference it in the issue Alec mentioned above, I’d love to take a look at it. Might save me some time digging around to figure out what’s going on. :+1:

Hi @NateWr, @asmecher,
allright, I’ll make some pr tomorrow (it’s late here).
Best, Paflow

I did two pull requests for that:

Best, Paflov

1 Like

Buenas, soy nuevo en OMP tengo problemas para crear el formato de publicación, no me aparece el listado y no me esta mostrando los PDF en los que a sido cargado los capítulos y el libro, como puedo solucionarlo.

Good, I’m new to OMP I have problems to create the publication format, I do not see the list and it is not showing me the PDFs in which the chapters and the book have been loaded, how can I fix it

Public
Cargas
libro