OMP 1.2 ISBNdn Connector. How to?

Hi all,
I found on: lib/pkp/plugins/citationLookup/isbndb

the library to connect with ISBNdb, but: how to activate the plugin?

In which page of the admin interface can I find the option to activate/deactivate the plugin?

Thanks,
Alfredo

Hi @Alfredo_Cosco

This is a part of the Citation Assistant, that is in OJS, and that is unfortunately not working quite properly.
From your other question in the forum I doubt you need this – it is a service to look up after the citations i.e. to search after the metadata, but as far as I understand you need to register you books metadata there?

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana, hi all,
in my installation of OMP i have these libraries:

So, I suppose that there is a way to connect the services with my OMP repository.

As I read in this tutorial: http://www.booktrakker.com/help/ISBNdb.htm
to connect Booktrakker with ISBNdb you have to generate a key on ISBNdb and then copy it in a Booktrakker form.

How it works in OMP?
Thanks,
Alfredo

Hi @Alfredo_Cosco,

The code in the lib/pkp/ is the PKP library that is shared between application i.e. between OJS and OMP. Eventually those plugins were meant to be ported/implemented to OMP as well – that’s why the shared code is in the shared PKP library – but it is not the case yet – there is no such plugin in OMP, that I can see. Also, when searching in OMP after the use of those plugins I cannot find anything. Thus, I believe, it is as I said, that that code/functions are from OJS.

Best,
Bozana

1 Like