OJS31.1.2: Issue Management problem--can't re-order submissions

Hello,

One of our Journal Managers is reporting a problem with ordering submissions in the Future Issues. When she re-orders the submissions and clicks “Done” the changes do not save. However, when I try to do this either as Site Admin or logged in as her, I can’t even drag and drop submissions to different sections. I’ve confirmed that all the relevant user roles have Production access so that’s not the issue. I’ve also confirmed that the correct/desired section is selected in the Submissions and Publication Metadata but the submission keeps appearing in the wrong section and cannot be moved (eg. Submission listed as in the Article section appears in the TOC in a different section. I cannot re-order to make it appear in the correct section). Any suggestions?

TIA,

Tara

Which version are you using?
There was a similar problem with OJS3.0, see the details here: [OJS] QuickSubmit in OJS3 breaks custom_section_orders · Issue #2376 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
If that’s the case, upgrade to the latest OJS version.

Hi! We’re using OJS 3.1.1.2 so it looks like that should have been part of the minor release.

TIA,
tara

We’re really struggling to figure this one out and our journal managers are behind on publishing their latest issue. Is there anyone who can help troubleshoot?

TIA!

Tara

Hi Tara,

There are a couple of different issues here.

When she re-orders the submissions and clicks “Done” the changes do not save.

I’m not able to reproduce this particular issue, even if I log in as a Journal Manager. Can you check the following things that may help us reproduce this:

1. Aside from Journal Manager, what other roles does this user have?
  2. When logging in as the user, do you run into the same problem? If so, can you check your browser’s console log for any errors? Please also check your server’s error log and report back anything you see.

However, when I try to do this either as Site Admin or logged in as her, I can’t even drag and drop submissions to different sections.

It’s not possible to change an article’s section from the issue TOC. You need to go to the submission’s workflow (Submissions > Archives > Click on the submission), and then click the Metadata link at the top, and change the Section there.

It sounds like you may have already done this. After changing the section and saving, try going to the Production stage and clicking the Schedule for Publication button. Try scheduling it in a future issue, save, click Schedule for Publication and schedule it in the correct issue. That may “reset” the entry in the issue TOC (I’m just guessing here, though).

Thank you so much for responding.

You’re correct, I wasn’t able to change the sections using this path either: You need to go to the submission’s workflow (Submissions > Archives > Click on the submission), and then click the Metadata link at the top, and change the Section there.

We wound up implementing the patch from 3.0 that should already have been incorporated in 3.1.1.2 which is what we are using but when we added this it did work: [OJS] QuickSubmit in OJS3 breaks custom_section_orders · Issue #2376 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

However, it seems to have broken the Subscription settings which led to this: OJS3.1.1.2 ARTICLE_ACCESS_DEFAULT constant not defined and then this Problem restricting access to subscription only material

T.

1 Like

Glad you were able to get the original issue fixed. I’m afraid I’m not very familiar with the subscription stuff so I can’t be much help there.