OJS3 user roles

Hi there,

1. Im running the recent version of ojs 3, all users listed under “Journal manager” have the same permission as the admin they can edit users change web site settings see assignements of others etc… Is this the way it should be?
    they have the same right as the admin except “login as” is not availble. Also there is no difference between the journal manager and senior editor for example if they both listed under journal manager section.

2. How to add a reviewer menu so reviewer can login?

Thank you.

1. It is up to you which roles and how you will define their permissions to access to various stages of workflow. However, it is better if only narrow group of people do have permission to access all stages so you can decrease chance of mistakes and possible errors in editing process.

2. Reviewer can login normally. It is not needed to have special menu for that. User with role reviewer will be forwarded by the system to proper pages in order to do review.

Hi all,

Note that Site Administrators are the only users allowed to create/delete journals, and manage the site-wide (multi-journal) area of settings such as setting up the site homepage.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

ok what I want confirm is any user listed under “Journal manager” role is considered as a site administrator?

Hi @moussabala,

No, only the user who installed OJS is considered a site administrator.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ok thank you very much. the issue im having is that as a site admin if I login as any user listed under journal manager role, that use has same right as me, can delete user, setup web site setting, setup journal, and and change roles etc. Not sure what I did wrong. I don’t want editor manager to delete or change users details.2018-01-19 17_59_23-Users & Roles
Attached is senior editor profile listed under a journal manager role.

Thank you.

Hi @moussabala,

That is the intended behavior. If you don’t want to grant setup privileges etc., I would suggest using the Section Editor role instead.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ok thank you will try that. one more quesiton the board would like a reviewer menu I know how to add a navigation menu is there a shortecode that we can add to display the login on a page?

Please post this topic as separate question in this forum.

No problem will do thank you.