OJS3 No task created for editor assignement

When a Section Editor has been assigned to a subbmission, he receives an E-Mail, he sees the article on his queue - but there is no corresponding new tasknotification on his dashboard. Is this a bug?

Hi @sabrinaeck,

What version of OJS are you using? (Including this in your posts will help save my wrists.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

it’s OJS 3.0.0.

Thank you
Sabrina

Hi @sabrinaeck,

Have you considered upgrading to OJS 3.0.1? I’m not sure off the top of my head if that issue has been resolved since 3.0.0, but I do recall working on some related code, and you’ll find various other fixes in that release anyway.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi again @asmecher,

not yet because we found some problems reported in the forum concerning this upgrade - so we are still hesitant (and our “most wanted” bugfixes were shifted to 3.0.2 :slight_smile:)

Regards
Sabrina Eck

Hi @sabrinaeck

There is no task notification created at this stage action. I am not sure if there should be, we are still improving the various notifications, I will ask and let you know it there will come something.

Best,
Bozana

Hi @sabrinaeck

We will implement it, I created a new GitHub Issue, so please track it there: Task notification for section editor after being assigned to a submission · Issue #2082 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Thanks!
Bozana