OJS3 - issue readfile() function

Assalamualaikum
Sister and brother
our beloved pkp team @asmecher
i just try updating the copied version of my company jurnal and there was error on loading css .etc OJS-2471 → OJS-3000
on error log i found this

[26-Sep-2016 16:09:07 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: readfile() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/-----/public_html/ojs3/lib/pkp/controllers/page/PageHandler.inc.php on line 175
[29-Sep-2016 11:13:44 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: readfile() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/-----/public_html/ojs3/lib/pkp/controllers/page/PageHandler.inc.php on line 175
[29-Sep-2016 15:35:46 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Warning: readfile() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/-----/public_html/ojs3/lib/pkp/controllers/page/PageHandler.inc.php on line 175

after surf all around the net i found some article that could be some reference for the developer team

if-your-server-sets-the-allow_url_fopen-and-allow_url_include-php-directives-off

sorry if i am wrong, i just try to help :wink:

Yes, you are correct that there are multiple functions in PHP which can be used to process a remote or local file. The codebase could be enhanced to test which functions are available within the current PHP configuration to be more resilient. This could be submitted as a feature request.

On the other hand, you should also check with your server administrator or hosting provider to see if the restriction of the readfile function can be relaxed for the server or for the OJS install. In this instance, it is being used to deliver a locally cached file, and as such is chosen for efficiency in processing.

i wish this could help