OJS3 Bulk import subscriptions

OJS3.2.0-3

We have a Drupal society members site. Once a year we would like to be able to download OJS user details as an XML file, add subscription status and upload again. Can this be done? Is there a guide?

Probably a feature request.

thx
Mark Gregory

Hi Mark,

I’m not aware of any tool for importing subscriptions. Perhaps someone else from our community will have something that they use.

Unfortunately, usage of the subscription system is not a big priority in our community so we’re not likely to develop this feature ourselves. You may need to look into developing a tool like this yourself or funding its development.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Nate

Hi @NateWr, thank you for the response, it is appreciated to know that I should look at a custom solution. Without the Association members and institutional subscriptions, our Journal would not survive as we don’t charge for publication like other hybrid Journals.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Hi @MarkAGregory,

If it’s possible for the site that manages your membership to expose a simple web service that OJS can query, you can use the Subscription SSO plugin (GitHub - asmecher/subscriptionSSO: Subscription SSO (single-sign-on) plugin for OJS.) to get OJS to delegate subscription checks to that service. See the README document in that repository.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher, thank you for this suggestion and pointer to the Subscription SSO plugin. I’ll take a look and see what we can do.