OJS3.0.0 installation error

I am installing a fresh copy of ojs3.0.0 on my localhost, Everything goes fine while filling installation form but when everything completes it produces a white page (Blank Page) noting else.
While I turned On my debug settings from config file, I got following two messages in place of that white page (I guess both are related to each other, If I will solve one, the other one will be solved automatically?)

Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPApplication.inc.php on line 326

Fatal error: Call to a member function getVersionString() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0\lib\pkp\classes\template\PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 230

My local host configurations are:
O/S- Windows7
web server- XAMPP
PHP- 5.4.31
My-sql - 5.5.39

Hi @abraham.john,

Your installation process probably didnā€™t complete, so Iā€™d suggest running it again. You may need to extend your max_execution_time in your php.ini in order to prevent PHP from stopping the installation process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher

I have tried what you have suggested me(A fresh installation and an increased max execution time up to 200 in php.ini), in addition to that I have also tried to (On/Off) the assertion fields in php.ini but the result is same.
Both errors are still present.
I have checked my database , a new database for my ojs is created there.

Any other suggestion?

Hi @abraham.john,

Did you remember to restart the Apache service after changing your php.ini? When you hit the ā€œInstallā€ button, time the installation process to see whether itā€™s hitting a limit at a round number (e.g. exactly 30 or 60 seconds).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi @asmecher
Yes I always do restart apache and mysql whenever I make any changes in php.ini, for my convenience I have also increased the ā€œTimeout 500ā€ in httpd-default.conf of apache.

But still the result is same?

When I installed the same (new) file on my web server on Linux,It hardly took 2 min. to get installed and everything is running fine there
http://pgconbhilai.com/journals3/index.php/cjonr

any other suggestion?

Hi @abraham.john,

Windows-based installations are known to take a lot longer to complete than Linux-based ones ā€“ itā€™s likely some effect of the different filesystem technology. Did you try timing the installation to see whether it was aborting on a round number?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This time I increased all the parameters which we discussed earlier up to very high values.
Now when I install again a fresh copy I am getting two errors

Warning: require_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/plugins/citationOutput/vancouver/filter/Nlm30CitationSchemaVancouverFilter.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0\lib\pkp\includes\functions.inc.php on line 25

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ā€˜C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/plugins/citationOutput/vancouver/filter/Nlm30CitationSchemaVancouverFilter.inc.phpā€™ (include_path=ā€™.;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/classes;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/pages;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/classes;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/pages;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/lib/adodb;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes;C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/lib/smarty;.;C:\xampp\php\PEARā€™) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs-3.0.0\lib\pkp\includes\functions.inc.php on line 25
I think there is a problem of parsing, because the slash are changing after the base dir.
During the installation I gave my file uploading path (where my journals will be stored inside ojs) as ā€œC:/xampp/htdocs/ojs-3.0.0/my_filesā€ instead of it If I start the path with Http://localhost or simply localhost, the form produces an invalid path error.
any suggestion?

Hi @abraham.john,

PHP should be able to handle both forward and backward slashes in a Windows environment. Have you checked whether lib\pkp\plugins\citationOutput\vancouver\filter\Nlm30CitationSchemaVancouverFilter.inc.php actually exists in your installation?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

I have checked that file, yes It is available there, in fact this file is also available in the same downloaded version as well.

nothing is seen suspicious (in my case) in that file coding there.
The problem is with the path which is not recognized by the system specially till base dir. and an error is generated.
???

Hi @abraham.john,

Can you expand that filename column just a little further to the right? The Type column shows PHP0000644 File, so I wonder if the file extension hasnā€™t gotten garbled somehow.

Regards,
Alec Smecher