OJS2 Display References in article page

Hi folks! I’m currently using OJS 2.4.6.0 and I’m trying to view the article’s references.
I’ve enabled the citation markup assitant and I’m able to type the references when editing an article metadata, but It doesnt show when I open an article.
Any idea what could I been doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Hi @Lisandro_Peralta

I am not sure about 2.4.6, but in 2.4.8.3 it is like this: if you enter the references in the article metadata form, they will be parsed and saved in the DB table citations. They will then be taken from there in order to be displayed on the article view page.
Thus, could you double check if there are entries in your DB table citations and if they are correct?

Best,
Bozana

I apologize, but I’m not sure how or where to check that.
The one thing I can tell you is that when I open the article with the browser’s inspector I can find the references, but they are commented.
If you want to take a look here it is:
http://papelcosido.fba.unlp.edu.ar/ojs/index.php/armiliar/article/view/381

I’ve read something about the article.tpl file but I couldnt finde anything that looks like will comment the section.

Hi @Lisandro_Peralta

Hmmm… It seems that you/someone made some changes in the OJS templates and commented that part out, could that be? Can you take a look how these code lines look in your installation code: ojs/article.tpl at ojs-2_4_6-0 · pkp/ojs · GitHub ?

Best,
Bozana

Hey, thanks for the patience. I’ve checked the tpl and its exactly the same as in the github.
Any other idea where the "< !-- – > " could have been added?

Hi @Lisandro_Peralta

Hmmm… Maybe your installation is using another file?
Maybe you can try to search all your files after the string:
<!-- <div id="articleCitations">
to figure out what/where is the file used there?

Is this line the same in your installation:ojs/ArticleHandler.inc.php at ojs-2_4_6-0 · pkp/ojs · GitHub ?

Best,
Bozana

$templateMgr->display('article/article.tpl'); indeed :frowning:

Will try to search for that line in the files

Hey @bozana !
You had a great idea in searching that line through all the files.

I’ve found that the only place where there was a line <!-- <div id="articleCitations"> was in ./cache/t_compile…
So… I’ve cleared the Template Cache, and voilá ! Now I can see the references in the article.

Thank you so much for your time!