OJS vs OMP for a conference volume

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on setting up a conference proceedings volume in either OJS or OMP.

My main question is whether or not it is possible to set up the volume in OMP to ask contributors to submit their articles directly through the system using their own accounts (as you do with a journal in OJS). From what I can see, in OMP you are only able to submit an edited volume with all the contributions already in place. If there is a way to set up direct submissions through OMP, how would this be done?

Any advice on this would be appreciated!

Hi @SofiaEvemalm,

More often, we see people choosing OJS for a current solution to manage conference paper submissions and publish conference papers, and not so much OMP.

Here is an example of an organization that uses OJS to publish their conference proceedings: CMBES Proceedings.

OMP might be a possibility, and you can submit directly through the system, similar to how you would submit book chapters for a monograph, but I haven’t seen it used for conference proceedings, to the extent that OJS has been. You could, however, have a look at the documentation: Learning Open Monograph Press (OMP) 3.3 - A Guide to Using OMP and try out our test drive instance to see if it is what you’re looking for: https://pkp.sfu.ca/omp/omp_demo/

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Thank you, that helps a lot!