OJS version 3.0.1

Are there any instructions how to upgrade OJS 3.0 to OJS 3.0.1 or to apply patches?
Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

OJS 3.0.1 isnā€™t released yet ā€“ but when it is (potentially later this week), itā€™ll be the same as the regular OJS upgrade process. See docs/UPGRADE in your installation for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

OK. Thanks. I know how to do upgrade. I guess that would be patched files without database structure changes. Am I right?

Hi @vvucic,

Youā€™ll need to upgrade the code yourself (e.g. via patch), and then run the upgrade script. The upgrade script takes care of making any required database changes.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Would it be safer and more reliable for us to clean install 3.0.0 and then to upgrade. Or rather wait for 3.0.1 to begin clean installation with that one?

Hi @Ph_We,

The upgrade between OJS 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 is not intensive; there shouldnā€™t be any difference with either approach.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi @asmecher
I am in the process of installing a fresh 3.0.1. I was able to see install web page and entered the information required. The I get database error:
DB Error: Access denied for user ā€¦

I created the database and the user and granted all permissions. Then I get:
DB Error: Table ā€˜ojs.journalsā€™ doesnā€™t exist

The only difference between my config file and config.TEMPLATE is base_url and files location. Installed flag is off also. cache and public folder and config file are writable. How can I either proceed or reload the install page again?

I have used tar.gz file for the code base.

When I try to install from the commandline:

php tools/install.php
PHP Warning: Module ā€˜domā€™ already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method InstallTool::InstallTool() in /var/www/ojs-3.0.1/tools/install.php on line 26

Best Regards
Ghazal

Hi @salehig,

The ā€œCall to undefined method InstallTool::InstallToolā€ is resolved by Fix tool constructor syntax Ā· Issue #2046 Ā· pkp/pkp-lib Ā· GitHub. You can apply the patch there, but letā€™s work on the problem you were having with the web-based upgrade process.

If you can get back to the stage where you were gettingā€¦

DB Error: Table ā€˜ojs.journalsā€™ doesnā€™t exist

Can you try turning on the ā€œDebugā€ option in your config.inc.php and viewing that error message again? It should result in a stack trace that I can use to help debug.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks for your reply @asmecher. I did debug flag on and it turned out that I had some redirect rules in my apache config which had caused that error.

Regards
Ghazal

Where can I see the news about this version (3.0.1)?
P.S.: For example, whatā€™s issues it fixed.

Hi @murilodbva,

Have a look at docs/RELEASE inside each release for specific release notes.
This will include issue numbers, which you can look up in Issues Ā· pkp/pkp-lib Ā· GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks. Iā€™ll look there.