OJS upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2. error [SOLVED]

While upgrading form older version I got error Upgrade.inc.php on line 1592:

> [code: Installer Installer::clearCssCache]
> [code: Installer Installer::convertCommentsToEditor]
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /var/www/clients/client0/web11/web/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php on line 1592

Hi @knjigor

I would suggest upgrading directly the most recent 3.x release (currently 3.1), condering there’s some fixes in last release you may achieve easily a success upgrade.
Just remember to backup your system before upgrade attempt, downgrade is not possible, so if something go wrong it is necessary give a roll back to database (and file system).

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @israel.cefrin
Thanx for suggestion but upgrading to 3.1.0 didn’t go well I get error:

[code: Installer Installer::convertCommentsToEditor]
PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /var/www/clients/client0/web11/web/classes/install/Upgrade.inc.php on line 1725

and as far as I can see it is the same error as in 3.0.2.

Hi @knjigor

Do you use MySQL? Do you maybe have a journal in your DB that has no journal manager? – it looks that the upgrade process fails because of that…

Thanks!
Bozana

Hi @bozana
That was the case, journal that we were upgrading didn’t have manager (actually OJS wasn’t used for editorial process). I’m not sure that this is god practice, many journals use OJS just for showing not for editorial process.

Hi @knjigor

How do you solve this problem?

Regards,
Aprik