Ojs Upgrade Failed From 2.4 to 3.2

Dear All,

I’ve received an error message while updating the database:

A database error has occurred: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT), (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE), (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation ‘replace’

Am using the same charset utf-8 for both versions.

Please help

Hi @arunabraham,

What are your specific character set configurations in config.inc.php for both the OJS 2.x and 3.x installations?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

latin1_swedish_ci

Am using the same charset utf-8 for both versions.

Hi @arunabraham,

Can you include the specific settings for client_charset, connection_charset, and database_charset? Where are you specifying latin1_swedish_ci?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear,

client_charset = utf-8
connection_charset = Off

during the time of database creation I select latin1_swedish_ci

Dear ,

I manually change collation of all tables and columns to utf8_general_ci, after performing the updation the following error occurs

A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘one–’ for key ‘submission_search_keyword_text’

anyone, please help me to finish it am still facing this issue

Hi @arunabraham,

If the only remaining issue is the search index, see this post for instructions on regenerating the search index: OJS 3.1.2.1 - 3.1.2.4 - Upgrade failed due to corrupt 'submission search object keywords' table - #2 by jnugent

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear,

It’s not working, still showing the follwing error

A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘one–’ for key ‘submission_search_keyword_text’

Hi @arunabraham,

Can you describe the process you’re following, incorporating the suggestion I made above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher