OJS update CPanel

Hello Everybody

I have OJS 3.1 with Cpanel and need to update to last version.

Someone knows if there are some step by step tutorials (YouTube, pdf or html) to follow to do the update with Cpanel?

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards.

r.

1 Like

Hi @romanogino,

We do offer some upgrading instructions in the PKP Administrator’s Guide. However, these are not Cpanel specific, so others who have experience with Cpanel may wish to provide advice. Or, you may wish to search the forum for related posts too.

-Roger
PKP Team

Unfortunately no tutorials in English Language in YouTube. Is PKP team is listening !!!

Hi @IJELLH,

Please be patient and respectful in posting on the forum. Support on the PKP Community Forum is provided for free by PKP staff and community members. We are a small team and need to balance our time spent answering questions here on the Forum with our other work developing and maintaining our free and open source software and other services. We try our best but do not guarantee that every question will be answered or that every issue is resolved.

You may need to seek professional support to resolve your issue. This can usually be acquired from the service provider that hosts or maintains your software, such as the technical support team at your institution or a third-party hosting provider. As I pointed out, the Administrator’s Guide does give instructions for updating OJS, however, they are, necessarily generic, as we do not have the resources to write documentation for upgrading/installing OJS for every hosting environment.

You can also try searching Youtube yourself for tutorials.
I did find are some videos here, however, you will have to explore them yourself to see if they apply to your specific hosting environment and the utilities available to you (e.g. Cpanel) How to upgrade OJS from version 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 You Can Do It! (PART 1) - YouTube

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like

Dear Rcgillis

I am sorry if I hurt you, which was not my intention. I deeply apologise.
I will check the Youtube link and update you.
What I am trying to tell thats, there is not much content in English language to how to install or upgrade OJS Website in Youtube or in Readme File (no step by step guideline). Everyone is not well acquainted with OJS Software.
Again I am sorry.

Regards

Dear All
Thank you all for the answers, I understand that there is no bad intention when someone gives his time and writes an answer. Nowadays, there are very few people who take the time to read and comment on what others think, and certainly even fewer people who give any advice.

I was watching videos on YouTube, but I asked the question because the latest OJS version is a bit more advanced than the available videos, which are also not in English, but I found the solution, although I will try it this weekend.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.