OJS - return previous page

Hello,

What could be the best way to return to a previous page?
For example, when Submissions → Active and a short or long list can appear, after clicking in a submission and its workflow stage, when returning to the previous page if goes back to Submissions → My queue, and it should be Submissions → All Active previous point on list. This is an example and are other cases like this. Haven’t figured out the right procedure to achieve it, html, php, js…

Thank you,
Best regards

Hi @digitojs,

Off the top of my head, I think the “correct” way to do this would be to have the tabs on the submission lists, when clicked, append the correct anchor name to the browser’s URL. Then, when going back, the anchor would be there and thus pop open the right tab.

However, the submission lists are changing in the OJS 3.1 implementation and this may no longer apply with that release. @NateWr would know better.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yeah, our tabs used to change the URL, but don’t any longer. I’ve filed an issue to fix that:

Getting the lists to load up at a previous state will be more challenging, because the new lists don’t really paginate. I’d be tempted to use something like LocalStorage to try and “restore” a particular view.

1 Like

Hi @asmecher and @NateWr,

Tried the fix but didn’t work at least for me. I understand how it could be more difficult to return a loaded list, and this is not the point for now, but when going forward and backwards it always return to the first tab of any menu.

Thank you,
Best regards