OJS Looping problem

My name is Gabriel, I work for the Publisher at the University of Passo Fundo, Brazil, and we are trying to find solutions for a problem in our system.

Our OJS was updated for the 2.4.8.0 version in 2016 and since then it has been working well. However, more recently, we have been facing the following troubles:

http://seer.upf.br/index.php/rjd/article/view/5609

There was a problem in this article, what forced us to change the PDF file published. If we do this change in the system, the file is inserted. However, when we try to access the PDF file of the article, the page is updated to looping mode and the download of the PDF is not made available.

In this case, the editor inserted the article a couple of times and it was not possible to exclude it. When we try to exclude it, the same problem occurs, the page is updated to looping mode and the PDF file is not excluded.

It is important to have a look at the link as well once the links usually finish in 4 numbers and finish in 10. (5151515161).

This is one of the problems seen by the external public, who is not able to access the article.

In addition, there are other problems like when the author wants to submit the article, when the evaluator tries to see the article to be evaluated or also when the editor wants to publish a new edition or even do other simple procedures, for example to insert PDF files, attach files when sending e-mails, among others.

In all problems mentioned here, the problem is frequent, when we click to download the file, which was previously inserted in the system, the page, is updated to looping mode.

The only way to see these files is through the manager editor. In this way, we access the navigator of the files, which stores the journal history, and it is possible to download the files without any difficulties.

I would really appreciate your help in order to solve our problem.

Best Regards,

Hi @upfeditora,

It’s best not to use numeric custom identifiers, as it’s possible for OJS to confuse them with its own numeric identifiers. Make sure your IDs are not fully numeric, e.g. by prefixing them with a letter.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like