OJS Internal Server Error

I tried installing OJS to my website probably 10 times and failed each time. I tried OJS 3.0 as well as previous versions. I believe I set all parameters correctly but when I click “install”, I get the “Internal Server Error” page. I really don’t know how to fix this. If anyone has ideas, I would appreciate it.

Best, Filip

Hi @filipi,

Check your server’s PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher
I am trying but when I click to open it, I get this error message:
Unable to open the directory: Unable to read directory (D:\INETPUB\VHOSTS\helenskestudije.me\logs\W3SVC1484): (5) Access is denied. at execute “C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\filemng.exe” helenure list dirs D:\INETPUB\VHOSTS\helenskestudije.me\logs\W3SVC1484(RunTime::RunAsUser::run line 260) (Error code 1)

I have no idea what is going on…

Hi @filipi,

I’m afraid I have no idea – I suspect you’ll have to ask your hosting service provider or server administrator.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, @asmecher,

I contacted my service provider and they told me the following “Your domain is on a Shared hosting package with 150MB IIS Application memory for each domain. When the domain uses all of the available IIS memory, the application pool crashes and the website shows 500 Internal Server Error”.

Does this mean anything to you?

Hi @filipi,

It sounds like the OJS installation needs more memory than the server is allowing it to have. If your service provider is unable to work around this limit, you’ll need to install OJS elsewhere. One potential work-around would be to install OJS e.g. on your local machine then move the components of the installation over to your server, but note that there will be a few quirks (e.g. you’ll probably have to update URLs in your database or journal setup).

Regards,
Alec Smecher