OJS generates Error 500 after Orcid plugin update

Hello,
I have installef fresh OJS 3.1.2 on php v. 7.3.5. Installation was successful. Then I upgraded manually orcid plugin from 1.1.0.0 to 1.1.1.0. After upgrade OJS generated error 500. Below is appropriate fragment from php error log:

[17-May-2019 22:35:23 Europe/Warsaw] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method PKPApplication::get() in /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php:185
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): OrcidProfilePlugin->handleTemplateDisplay('TemplateManager...', Array)
#1 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(827): HookRegistry::call('TemplateManager...', Array)
#2 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/management/PKPToolsHandler.inc.php(81): PKPTemplateManager->display('management/tool...')
#3 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/pages/management/PKPToolsHandler.inc.php(52): PKPToolsHandler->index(Array, Object(Request))
#4 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRoute in /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php on line 185

What to do? Should I use v. 1.1.0.0 instead of 1.1.1.0? Why?
Regards
PIotr

Hi @pgc,

Where did you get the 1.1.1.0 code from?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

From here:

Hi @pgc,

I think you probably downloaded the current master branch, which is pre-release code and not compatible with OJS 3.1.2. Go to the “Releases” area to find a released version of the plugin. (Or better yet, use the Plugin Gallery to discover, install and upgrade plugins – it’ll take care of ensuring that you’re using a compatible version.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,
thank you bery much. Unfortunately plugin installation directly form OJS is in my case impossible due to:

[18-May-2019 00:30:41 Europe/Warsaw] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getProductType() on string in /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php:113
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php(266): PluginHelper->installPlugin(NULL, 'Komenda tar nie...')
#1 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): PluginGalleryGridHandler->installPlugin(Array, Object(Request))
#2 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)
#3 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))
#4 /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/cl in /usr/home/studia-med/domains/nowe.studiamedioznawcze.eu/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 113

The path to tar is configured properly in config.inc.php
Regards
Piotr

Hi @pgc,

The message you’re getting indicates that OJS couldn’t access the tar command. If you’re sure the tar directive in the [cli] section if your config.inc.php file is set correctly, it’s possible that your php.ini (or other configuration) prevents OJS from accessing it.

If it helps debug, you can see the test that’s failing here:

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Thank you, Alec. I will test it.
Regards
Piotr