OJS Archiving PKP Preservation Network (PN) tick box unticks when saved

Hi,

We’re on OJS 3.1.0.1. I clicked the PKP Preservation Network tick box (Website settings > Archiving > PKP Preservation Network (PN). When I saved, the tick box unticked itself, but the system was happy for me to navigate away from the page. Is this a glitch in the software. It’s unclear to me whether the journal is being archived or not. Is this a glitch? Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Do you have the PKP PN plugin installed?

I set up a fresh OJS 3.1.1-4 installation to test this, and when I go to Website > Settings > Archiving, I see two checkboxes. One for LOCKSS and one for CLOCKSS. Those two boxes save fine. However, I see the message:

PKP Preservation Network (PN)
The PKP Preservation Network (PN) provides free preservation services for any OJS journal that meets a few basic criteria. The PKP PN plugin for OJS 3 is currently in development and will be available in the plugin gallery soon.

And so it isn’t there for me to enable.

Cheers
Jason

Hi Jason,

Cheers. I really appreciate you getting back to me.

Version 3.1.0.1 is somewhat less explicit. All I see is:

PKP Preservation Network (PN)

The PKP Preservation Network (PN) provides free preservation services for any OJS journal that meets a few basic criteria.

PKP PN plugin enabled (preceded by a tick box).

Many thanks,

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Okay, good to know - in that case can you (or your systems person) check and see if you have a directory called “pln” in the plugins/generic directory?

Cheers,

Hi again, Sharon - I’ve been told by Alec (the lead developer) that the PKP PLN plugin has not been released for OJS 3.x yet. I think the message about this has been improved in later versions of OJS 3 but that’s why the checkbox does not work for you.

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,

I heard from PKP that the plugin will be included in the release of OJS 3.2.

Many thanks for your help,

Sharon

1 Like

The PN plugin is available in the new version 3.1.2.0?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.