[OJS] Allowing implicit authentication to be optional

As discussed on the old forum, I’ve implemented the ability for OJS to have optional implicit authentication. That is to say that users can choose whether to authenticate with Shibboleth/SSO if they have such an account, or a local OJS account if they do not. In the past, an OJS install has been constrained to only using one of these methods, set in the site’s config.

I’ve created a pull request at pkp/pkp-lib#543 Allow implicit authentication to the be optional by davidjb · Pull Request #511 · pkp/ojs · GitHub and describe all the specific changes on GitHub.

Send any comments that way.

Thanks!

Hi @davidjb,

Thanks for contributing! I’ve created a github.com issue for this: Permit optional implicit authorization · Issue #543 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

We typically use github issues to coordinate this kind of development, since it gives us a single place to manage pull requests in multiple repositories. I’ll ask a developer to take a look at this.

Note that Shibboleth support was contributed by a third party, so we don’t have any particular experience with it internally, though I expect we’ll be working with one or two clients on this in the very near future.

Cheers,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team