OJS 3: Web-based Expedited Submission Process?

I have read the instructions for the Web-based Expedited Submission Process, but it does not seem to work with OJS 3. I realize that the Quick Submit plug-in is not functioning with OJS 3, so I was hoping to use this process, but I can’t mange to get it to work. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to expedite submissions in OJS 3?

The porting of the QuickSubmit plugin is scheduled for OJS 3.0.1. Unfortunately, there isn’t a firm release date for this yet, but it is the solution you are looking for.

So, there is no analogous process to this one in OJS 3?:

https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Importing_and_Exporting_Data#Using_the_Web-based_Expedited_Submission_Process_to_Add_Articles_Quickly

I’m not familiar enough with the details of the workflow changes to answer that one way or the other.

Hi all,

No, there isn’t an analogue to the expedited submission process for OJS 3.0. For 3.0.1 (unless our release plans change), we’ll be including the QuickSubmit plugin, which I’d recommend using for quickly entering a small amount of content into the system without using the workflow. For large amounts, or if you have the data already in a convenient format, you can use the already-released XML import/export plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi!
I am also waiting for Quick Submit plugin. It will be extremely helpful!