OJS 3 requieres an unavailable idiom to save submissions metadata

Hello,

We moved our journais from the faculty plataform (OJS 2) to the institutional one (guess it’s OJS 3.1.1.2 - it’s certainly a version of OJS 3). All the published content’s been automatically moved to the new plataform and now we are ajusting the metadata to the new settings.

So far so good, but now we’re facing a problem regarding changes in the titles in French: we do the changes we need, but when we save them OJS requires we insert the information in French (Canada), which was available in the previous plataform but not in the current one. What can we do to fix ti?

Thank you"

Hi @periodicosfale,

Can you describe how the move was made in a bit more detail – was the installation upgraded from OJS 2.x to 3.x using the usual upgrade tools, then moved to a different server, or was some kind of import/export process used to move them from your old host to the new one?

The upgrade process should preserve language settings etc., and the French language options in OJS 2.x are the same as those in OJS 3.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hey Alec!

Thank you for your quick response. Regarding your question on how the migration was made, I need to check with the technicians who did it, because I did not participate on the process. If I can remember well, they made a copy of the journals, updated them and then moved them to the new host, but I don’t know if they used the tools you mentioned or an “import/export” process…

I’ll explain better what we mean to do: for some time we put at the main language field for the title, both the titles in the language of the text and the title in English, separated by “/”. Now that it’s easier to put each version of the information in its proper field, we want to correct it. It is working for almost all the content, but for the texts in French the system is requiring we put it in Canadian French, but this idiom is not available in the journal. Is it possible to add it if we ask for it to the admin? Maybe it could solve the problem (I didn’t know that this language was still somehow available, since I coulnd’t find it in the settings…).

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear enough…

Hi @periodicosfale,

The Site Administrator can control what languages are available as options to each journal, then the journal can choose to enable/disable a subset of those. If you don’t see Canadian French listed, then I’d suggest asking your administrator to enable it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team