[OJS 3] Error Upgrade failed DB during Upgrading from OJS 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.1.4

Hi everyone I have got an upgrade error during the upgrading process from OJS 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.1.4. It seems the error is with the database, below I leave the message with which finished my upgrading process.

(mysql): UPDATE users u, (SELECT user_id, GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT setting_value SEPARATOR ' ') AS groupedGossips FROM user_settings WHERE setting_name = 'gossip' AND setting_value <> '' GROUP BY user_id) us SET u.gossip = us.groupedGossips WHERE us.user_id = u.user_id 

-----<hr>
1260: Row 70 was cut by GROUP_CONCAT()
							ADOConnection._Execute(UPDATE users u, (SELECT user_id, GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT setting_value SEPARATOR ' ') AS groupedGossips FROM user_settings WHERE s..., false)% line 1051, file: /var/www/html/iisue_pe/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php
						ADOConnection.Execute(UPDATE users u, (SELECT user_id, GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT setting_value SEPARATOR ' ') AS groupedGossips FROM user_settings WHERE s...)% line  446, file: /var/www/html/iisue_pe/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php
					Installer.executeSQL(UPDATE users u, (SELECT user_id, GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT setting_value SEPARATOR ' ') AS groupedGossips FROM user_settings WHERE s...)% line  441, file: /var/www/html/iisue_pe/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php
				Installer.executeSQL(Array[19])% line  399, file: /var/www/html/iisue_pe/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php
			Installer.executeAction(Array[3])% line  265, file: /var/www/html/iisue_pe/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Row 70 was cut by GROUP_CONCAT()

the error arose immediately after [data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/3.1.1_update.xml]

it’s important to mention that before the error arose, in the output I have got 3 warnings as the following:

WARNING: The NavigationMenu (ContextId: 81, Title: User Navigation Menu, Area: user) will be skipped because the specified area has already a NavigationMenu attached.

Someone in the PKP team could help me to resolve this issue? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi everyone I have got to resolve the first trouble, exactly the ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Row 70 was cut by GROUP_CONCAT()

I have set the MySQL server variable group_concat_max_len to its maximum value 18446744073709551615.

For set this MySQL server variable I had have to find my mysql configuration file, then set that value. For Ubuntu 16.04 I have found the file mysqld.cnf in /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d and I have added the following

then I have restarted my MySQL instance. Finally to check if the value had changed, from the prompt of mysql I have used the following statement:

Finally I have executed the upgrading process again, and I have got the awesome statement:

Successfully upgraded to version 3.1.1.4

1 Like