[OJS 3] CustomBlockManager plugin fatal error

Hello all,

I was able to remove and reinstall CustomBlockManager.
However a fatal error is showing on error.log, which prevents OJS 3 from loading correctly:

[Wed Aug 14 13:26:50.037385 2019] [:error] [pid 14664] [client 10.0.0.234:45059] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Application::get() in /var/www/ojs3/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockManagerPlugin.inc.php:147\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/LazyLoadPlugin.inc.php(64): CustomBlockManagerPlugin->isSitePlugin()\n#1 /var/www/ojs3/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockManagerPlugin.inc.php(44): LazyLoadPlugin->getEnabled(0)\n#2 /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php(65): CustomBlockManagerPlugin->register('generic', 'plugins/generic...', NULL)\n#3 /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php(138): PluginRegistry::register('generic', Object(CustomBlockManagerPlugin), 'plugins/generic...', NULL)\n#4 /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php(203): PluginRegistry::loadCategory('generic', false)\n#5 /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(97): PluginRegistry::loadAllPlugins()\n#6 /var/www/ojs3/lib/pkp/classes/install/PKPInstall.inc.php(40): Installer->__construct('/var/www/ojs3/l... in /var/www/ojs3/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockManagerPlugin.inc.php on line 147, referer: http://172.25.0.53/ojs3/index.php/index/admin/settings

Hi @ramon,

I’m guessing you’ve probably downloaded the current codebase for the master branch, which isn’t compatible with your OJS release. Make sure you download the right version from the Releases area of the github repository. (The Plugin Gallery takes care of this for you, so I’d suggest using that when possible.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher,

I’m sorry but the Plugin Gallery doesn’t show me any options to find available plugins, as far as I can tell…

Hi @ramon,

What version of OJS is this?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher

root@dev-revistas-ramon:/var/www/ojs3# php tools/upgrade.php check
PHP Warning: Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI(&$oai) should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /var/www/ojs3/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 19
Code version: 3.1.2.0
Database version: 3.1.2.0
Latest version: 3.1.2.1
A newer version is available:
tag: ojs-3_1_2-1
date: 2019-05-30
info: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/
package: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/download/ojs-3.1.2-1.tar.gz

Hi @ramon,

In the screenshot above, you’re looking at the site-wide plugins page. To get access to the plugin gallery, you’ll have to go to the Plugins area for a specific journal (Settings > Website > Plugins).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

I had to upgrade to OJS 3.1.2-1
BlockManager Plugin crashed it all… let’s see if upgrading fixes the possible errors…

[UPDATE]
CustomBlockManger Plugin still produces fatal errors. And I just downloaded a fresh install from PKP.

Is there a way to find duplicate entries on the database?
In any/every table??

[UPDATE]
We’re going to rebuild the OJS 3 test installation and run further tests. Trying to fix this is going to be more trouble than necessary.