OJS 3: Can submissions be sorted?

Is there any setting for sorting submissions in OJS3? At the moment they only are listed in no obvious order.

Hi @simonmitternacht,

Which submission list are you looking at?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,
For instance when I’m logged in as admin under “all active” and “archives”. We would ideally like to have them sorted by order of submission (i.e. id).

best,
Simon

Hi @simonmitternacht,

I’ve made the sorting by submission ID in this issue:

Eventually we’ll add several sorting options, but this should hold you for now. The patch should be applicable to OJS 3.0.2 in the lib/pkp subdirectory.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you! That was quick :slight_smile:

Hello

I continue this conversation because of the title.
I try the main version to test the new submission list: the interesting thing for us is to see the latest notification but we are missing the information from the last modification date. Sorting on this date should be great to see the activity. We have only one editor for hundreds of submissions.

Thank you

I would like to reawaken the discussion of sorting. I’m using OJS 3.1.2 and the absence of sorting is still an important problem. I see in the discussion above that there was a plan to make sorting by ID a default. I assume that has been implemented but in our installation it is unreliable: I notice that sometimes the “Unassigned” submission queue has sorting errors (see attached screen shot).

In the discussion above there’s also a reference to additional sorting options in the future. I would like to put in two requests:

• It would be very helpful to be able sort all queues by all of the “heading” categories (i.e. ID, author, and status)
  • It would be very helpful to be able to sort the “All Active” queue (which is in effect the main working space for an editor) by things like the number of uncompleted reviews or overdue reviews

A little more detail on these requests:

• the filters are helpful, but if I filter the All Active queue by “Review”, I may still have a very large number of articles in the list. Being able to see at a glance which ones are delinquent would make a huge difference to efficiency: otherwise I have to scroll through (made more difficult by the irritating “load more…” which means I can’t easily just see everything at once)
  • one of the weaknesses of OJS 3 is its diminished support for journals that have a high volume of submissions or a high volume of items in process; there is not yet good support for summarizing and getting a big picture. Sorting would be a helpful initial step in the absence of such support.
    46%20PM