OJS 3.3 no section information on article submissions?

Description of issue or problem I’m having:

Recently upgraded to OJS 3.3 and an editor complained that article submissions don’t show which section they were submitted to. Looking at the submission workflow interface, I can’t seem to see any information about the section either. This seems like important information for editorial teams to have on hand, so I’m surprised that it doesn’t appear to be prominently displayed (indeed, I can’t find it at all). Am I missing something or is this a known issue?

Steps I took leading up to the issue:

Double checked that the journal has defined sections and submitters are required to select a section when submitting (it is the first field in the “Submit and Article” interface). Then, looked at a number of active submissions to see if informaiton about the section the article was submitted to is present anywhere in the “Workflow” or “Production” tabs, but could not find it.

What I tried to resolve the issue:

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:

OJS 3.3

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

Hi @devsoper ,

It is available under Publication - Issue:
Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 11.21.04

Agree a bit unintuitive, but you can find it.

Regards, Primož

1 Like

Thanks very much, Primož! I’ve relayed this info to the editor and will keep it in mind in the future.