OJS 3.3 Multiple email notifications

Hello,

We have a weird problem where we are getting multiple notifications whenever a revised version is uploaded.

Upon checking the logs in the database, it seems none of the emails are being sent in close enough proximity to suggest that a single request resulted in several of them being sent.

So we concluded that this happens that a notification is sent every time a user uploads a file during the submission process and notification is sent for that.

Is it possible that the team recevies only one email after completing the action from the author side (for example submitting /revising one manuscript), not per each small action in the submit/revise process?

1.PNG

Thanks!

Hi @sushantv,

Have you checked out our documentation on this: Editorial Workflow ?

In particular, you may be able to adjust your notifications through View Profile → Notifications. Could you try that and let me know if that makes a difference?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis Thanks, that was the first thing I tried and didn’t help. Even the users setting the notifications from their profile didn’t stop multiple emails too. Anything else that I can try.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Hi @sushantv,

Thank you for letting me know. Interesting … what specific version of OJS are you using (e.g. 3.3.0-8)? I’m not sure exactly what to suggest, but I’ll see if some of my colleagues can offer an suggestions when they are available.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you! It’s 3.3.0-3

@rcgillis - Would you have any update on this or any solution that you can refer to? Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Hi @sushantv,

No, sorry. I don’t know what to suggest at this point, but I have brought it to the attention of my colleagues and when they are available they will try to look into it.

Best regards,

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello @rcgillis
Just checking if you got time to check with your colleagues to tackle this issue? Thank you.